Park Ridge, IL
Location: Must be available to work onsite at our Park Ridge office
Days: 3 days a week
Hours: 8am – 5pm (Flexible but must be available 20 hours per week)
This part-time role is responsible for the development and maintenance of our corporate website. The primary responsibilities will be working on a small marketing team to translate our designs and marketing goals into website enhancements. The Marketing website developer will assist in the creation and deployment of our SEO marketing strategy. This position will report to the Marketing Manager, work closely with our full stack designer, and is expected to work at least 20 hours per week with potential for more hours based on company needs.
- Code and create WordPress sites/new pages/blog posts from either Photoshop layout, following already established standards and styles or collaboration with our designer through html/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins
- implement new features, enhancements, and content to our existing website
- Optimize our site for fast load times
- Work closely with creative team to deliver an optimal experience
- Performing quality control checks on all web work
- Regularly troubleshoot the website to ensure flawless functionality, link accuracy, and quick loading time.
- Maintain, revise and continually look to improve all aspects of the website (i.e. content, architecture, images, graphics, keyword performance, lead generation etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate progress throughout each project
- Compile monthly and quarterly metrics reports for the website and other marketing communications; interpreting data in layman’s terms and providing actionable recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience working in web development and interface design
- Strong knowledge of WordPress
- Strong knowledge of current web development languages (including HTML5, CSS3, PHP/MySQL)
- Understanding of UI and UX concepts including responsive design fundamentals
- Strong understanding for web standards and usability
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Experience with SEO and Analytics (Google Adwords/Analytics/Tag Manager)
- Experience building html email
- Experience with Gulp.js/grunt.js sass github is a plus
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle is a plus
- Self-starter who can work and meet deadlines of multiple projects
- Highly organized with extreme attention to small details
- High level of energy, persistence, and a positive attitude
PCMI Corporation is a growing international software development company. Our modular platform, Policy Claim and Reporting Solutions™ (PCRS), supports and automates the full administration lifecycle of all extended warranties, F&I products, and service contracts – mainly for the automotive industry.
Our team members are given the opportunity to develop and grow professionally in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. Everyone is given the opportunity to work towards career goals by attending classes and achieving certifications that are eligible for bonuses.
This position is located in our Park Ridge, IL office, in walking distance from the Blue Line and right off I-90/I-294.