T his year, from October 13-14, the PCMI team is excited to be attending the Vehicle Service & Warranty Lifecycle Roundtable located in Dearborn, Michigan! Taking place at the Dearborn Inn, we’ll have three members in attendance including our President & CEO – Mark Nagelvoort, Chief Revenue Officer – Peter Govek, and Business Development Manager – Sean Mangan.
What to Expect
Attendees are encouraged to walk away with increased knowledge and tools that can reduce costs and friction and lead to enhanced product quality, brand loyalty, and customer satisfaction.
What We’re Bringing
Our cloud-based solution offers a future-ready, flexible package for the administration of F&I Products, Service Contracts, and Extended Warranties. PCRS features powerful modules including Open Sales Platform, Policy Administration, and Risk Management that are customizable to meet your company’s unique needs. We’re excited to show how our scalable system can allow users to enhance business growth and streamline integration.
How We Help OEMs
- OEM incentive program based upon vehicle penetration (RDR)
- F&I reporting as a percentage of new vehicle sales
- Field and BDM reporting
- A link on your OEM portal
- Billing through the Parts Statement
- CFC and NCFC Reinsurance Module
- GL/AR SAP Interface (Debit and Credit Level)
- Interface to import OEM Parts and Labor times to automate claims
- OEM Service Drive
- Have a direct relationship with consumers, lenders, and dealers via consumer claim portals
On October 14 at 2:00pm Eastern Time, PCMI’s President & CEO, Mark Nagelvoort, will be hosting a panel titled The Good, Bad & Ugly: Outsourcing vs. Insourcing Manufacturer’s and Extended Warranty Process and Claims Management. Accompanied by Financial Products Manager of Polaris, Andrew Peterson, Executive Managing Director of Beecher Carlson, Greg Myers, and Principal of Extended Warranty & Service Contract Consulting, Doug Bell, the four will discuss key elements of the warranty process, which elements they chose to insource versus outsource, and why.