Park Ridge, IL 60068
In this role, you’ll get to showcase your love for tech writing by helping us promote and sell our software through product messaging. Your goal is to generate leads and support growth by writing content across the sales and marketing operation like blogs, whitepapers, customer success stories, press releases, industry articles, website content, webinar copy, social media posts, advertisements, and other public-facing communications. This role requires prior B2B software copywriting experience.
You’ll report to the Marketing Manager and work closely with our Creative Designer, Web Developer, and Sales team.
This role is expected to be onsite at our Park Ridge office M – F from 8am – 5pm (although a rotation schedule is currently set during COVID-19).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Write persuasive, engaging marketing and advertising content for all campaigns distributed through various channels
- Lead efforts to identify new content/communication opportunities, repurpose existing content, and surface other creative ways to elevate content strategies
- Focus strategies on ensuring content is targeted by audience, aligned with best practices and business goals, and is developed with consideration of competitive analysis and research.
- Create a writing style guide to establish maintain our editorial voice and tone
- Do in-depth research on our industry and product in order to produce valuable content
- Facilitate interviews with internal subject matter experts (including C-level execs) to gather foundational content about our industry, software, company, and brand
- Translate strategies into planning, execution, and optimization of content
- Gather key business and user insights and create a long-term vision for the brand’s content need
- Participate in creative concepting of brand and strategy to sell ideas in a clear voice with a strong point-of-view that aligns with brand and business objectives
- Take a comprehensive and innovative approach to storytelling and tying together big ideas/concepts in ways that engage customers
- Audit our current product content to identify areas of improvement
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of sales copywriting at a B2B software company
- Expert in content SEO optimization
- Must be currently active on LinkedIn to stay up to date with trends and promote our company
- An understanding of the automotive or F&I Product Industry (would be a plus)
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about writing and technology
- Extremely organized and pays attention to detail (your manager will be BIG on this!)
- Ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice to various types of content
- A dual-minded approach of being a highly creative writer but also a process-driven, data interpreter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can juggle MULTIPLE projects (we are a startup environment; this is no joke!)
- Must be aggressive to confidently seek answers within teams (again, we are a startup, so everyone is busy)
WHO WE ARE:
We’re a growing international software development company with a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Our 3 teams located in the US, Poland, and Thailand work around the clock to build our PCRS platform that automates the full administration lifecycle of all extended warranties, F&I products, and service contracts for the automotive industry.
You’ll be a part of our tight-knit group of 40 individuals in our Park Ridge office who pride ourselves on treating each other like family.
PCMI’s employee benefits and perks are built around keeping you happy and healthy. We are committed to offering comprehensive packages that cover the spectrum of personal and professional needs to help our employees maintain a healthy work/life balance.
· Health and Dental insurance
· 401k with company matching
· Paid time off
· Paid holidays
· Parental Leave
· Annual Salary Review
· Certification Bonuses
· Lunch & Learns
· Professional Development
· Foodie Fridays
· Daily Fruit
· Frequent Outings and Celebrations
· Fun Office Contests
· Casual Attire
· Open Layout
Our Park Ridge office is in walking distance from the Blue Line and located right off I-90/I-294.