Park Ridge, IL 60068
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
PCMI Corporation is looking for a Business Analyst who will be responsible for providing business analysis services to clients who seek to implement or have implemented PCMI’s PCRS software. The focus of this position is to work closely with clients to gain in-depth understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges and support software implementation.
The Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Responsibilities will include assisting project managers on larger more complex projects as well as actively supporting client account requirements capture. The Business Analyst provides documented requirements to the Project
Manager who shall incorporate into a release plan.
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in the PCRS system and apply this to requirements capture and design submissions
• Create JIRA tickets for release planning
• Manage customer relationships and keep the Director of Client Engagements up-to-date on account needs as well as project results
• Participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; meeting project schedules; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer relationships
• Collaborate with others within the Chicago office Consumer team; articulate ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identify client needs early; and assist the Consumer team in driving the resolution of issues
• Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones
• Produce required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
• Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
• Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements
• Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation
• Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
• Meet with project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
• Develop and execute test plans
• Support system conversions, upgrades, and enhancements
• BA/BS Degree
• 2-4 years prior experience in a Business Analyst role
• Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
• Must have technical knowledge and understanding
• Requirements & Design: must be able to document client solution needs in a timely manner
• Data analysis: must have proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Excel
• Experience following Agile methodologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem solving, client management, and multitasking skills
• Must have the ability to be a team player and desire for teamwork
• Previously employed at a software company
• Software Development Lifecycle exposure
• Experience in the Extended Warranty or Service Contract industry
• Ticketing software like JIRA, Confluence, Service Bench, etc.
• Webinar tools such as GoToMeeting, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, etc.
PCMI Corporation is a growing international software development company. Our modular platform, Policy Claim and
Reporting Solutions™ (PCRS), supports and automates the full administration lifecycle of all extended warranties, F&I products, and service contracts – mainly for the automotive industry.
Our team members are given the opportunity to develop and grow professionally in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. Everyone is given the opportunity to work towards career goals by attending classes and achieving certifications that are eligible for bonuses. Our other Benefits offered include:
• Health and dental insurance
• 401k with company matching
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Maternity/paternity leave
• And more!
This position is located in our Park Ridge, IL office, in walking distance from the Blue Line and right off I-90/I-294.