W arranty Management Software, also known as WMS, have become increasingly popular over the years due to their ability to increase value and streamline processes within the warranty lifecycle. By connecting manufacturers, distributors, dealers, suppliers, service providers, and customers, this technology aims to automate processes, reduce costs, and improve overall business.
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of WMS, or download our free, comprehensive buyers guide to Warranty Management Software below.
Why Use Warranty Management Software
- Improve brand loyalty and customer satisfaction at the store level
- Obtain critical business intelligence through analytics to design and manufacture better products
- Reduce the cost of supporting and maintaining products
- Deliver a good warranty experience to secure future repeat sales to that consumer
- Obtain access to an integrated ecosystem of service partners and providers
- Provide a significant source of recurring revenue
What are the core functions of a WMS?
What kind of vendor capabilities are essential in a WMS?
- Record of Continuous Innovation
- Level of Automation
- Integration Approach
- Global Support
- Defined Training & Data Conversion Process
- Commitment to Excellence
- Industry Expertise